Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sushi Still Life

I have been working on this new still life. I have always wanted to do a sushi still life and have finally gotten around to it. This painting (16x20) is larger than what I have done over that past could years. Sorry for the photo quality its from my phone.
Last night I worked on light strips and a little bit with the thick edge of the salmon. I was struggling to get texture and brush strokes on the salmon while trying to make it look smooth. I think I will have to rely on the wet highlights for the texture factor.
I am a little nervous about the rice. Sometimes I get stuck on detail to early and want to keep the painting kind of loose.

I hope to have this one done by christmas so I can start on another one. Even though I would like to do a series of sushi paintings, I would like to do a building painting for a business that I frequently visit.

My day time job is closed the week of christmas, so I plan on working on an official website during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment