Monday, January 21, 2013

Abstract Exploration -WIP

I have always wanted to try doing an abstract painting. This abstract is not one of those free flowing paintings that you see people doing as they fling paint all over. Although I like a lot of those kind of styles, the way my mind works I have to plan out what I am going to do.
I think this is half way done, I want to add a couple of objects to this in the vein of wine drinking. I am pretty happy with the textures I have achieved with what I have so far. I was surprised at how much you have to plan out each brush stroke to get the look your going for. I now understand why abstract paintings can be expensive, to get all that texture you have to use a lot of paint. I am not use to mixing that much paint at one time, so knowing how much paint I needed was a good learning experience which is what this entire blog and journey of painting is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment