Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Back to Painting

I am back to painting after a month and a half hiatus. It had been a busy end of February and March, but I have taken some reference photos of things I want to paint. One of the reasons why I have not gotten to painting is the fact that I had a pool tournament at the beginning of March and I have also not been very ambitious.

This painting is based off a free reference photo that was provided by the folks at wetcanvas.com. After my last painting I had grabbed this photo and primed this canvas for it. This one is ment for a warm up since I had taken a month off I wanted something that I didn't have to think about. This painting shouldn't take too long.

Once this painting is finished I have a plan for the next two, which will be much more personal to me and ones I will spend more time focusing on composition and quality that this one.
Its been difficult getting down in to this cold basement with the weather being cold and the fact that it feels like I have something going on everyday. I am hoping after April things will calm down so I can spend more time in my "studio".

No comments:

Post a Comment