Saturday, February 2, 2013

Abstract Finish

I think I am going to call this one done. I had adjusted the colors of the wine glass base to try and make it not so heavy. I had added some vertical "lines" that i created with a palette knife to give it some texture. Before I tried the palette knife I think I went through 4 different style, techniques to try and add more to the painting with out it distracting to the rest of the piece.
At the end of this would I say its perfect, no but I had learned a lot about texture, style and dramatic color combinations. I am happy with the result and I hope the person I plan on giving this to will be happy with it too. If not I can always paint over it with something I am more comfortable with like landscapes or still lifes.


No comments:

Post a Comment